Start by identifying your sector
- MUNICIPAL/ACADEMIC/SOCIAL/HEALTHCARE (MASH): An institutional building of any size in the 416 area code. All existing Municipal, Academic, Social Services and Healthcare facilities are eligible.
- Learn more about the BBP MASH program for existing buildings
- NEW CONSTRUCTION: A new building to be constructed, or an addition or full-scale retrofit to an existing building in the 416 area code. Buildings across all sectors are eligible.
- Learn more about the BBP New Construction program
Where do you start with a retrofit?
- Know your systems and where the best opportunities are for energy savings: BBP can help you directly or by referral to energy consultants and contractors. We can also inform you about the latest technologies and best practices.
- Identify government incentives and funding that may significantly reduce the payback period of your project: BBP assists with a range of excellent financial instruments. These include loans that can help with the upfront costs of your energy project and incentives paid at the completion of your project based on energy savings achieved. BBP can also direct you to other incentives that may be available such as natural gas and water savings program.
- Develop a retrofit project proposal that fits with your building longer term energy plan: BBP can point you to calculation tools and other information to create a comprehensive business case that meets your expectations for return on investment.
- Prepare and submit your application(s) to the appropriate programs: BBP can help you with the application process to keep it as simple as possible.