The Better Buildings Partnership program for the Municipal/Academic/Social Services/Healthcare (MASH) sector works closely with owners and facilities managers to increase the energy efficiency of existing institutional buildings in the 416 area code through comprehensive multi-measure retrofit projects.
COMMON RETROFIT MEASURES INCLUDE:
- Lighting upgrades (interior and exterior)
- Building automation/controls
- Building envelope upgrades (windows, air sealing, insulation)
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC)
- Alternative energy, including geo-thermal systems
- Fuel substitution
INCENTIVES FOR INSTITUTIONAL BUILDINGS
BBP assists building owners make use of incentives offered through the Ontario Power Authority’s saveONenergy program.
Energy Savings incentives:
- Non-lighting measures: $800/kW for demand savings OR $0.10/kWh for energy consumption savings
- Lighting measures: $400/peak kW reduction OR $0.05/kWh for energy savings
- Maximum: up to 50% of total eligible costs
Energy Audit incentives:
- Up to 50% of the costs of the audit to a maximum of $35,000
Institutional buildings of any size may qualify for the above incentives.