Toronto’s Better Buildings Partnership is a city-to-business program providing expertise, resources and financial assistance to building owners, managers and developers to successfully implement energy efficiency measures in existing buildings and new constructions.
Our goals are to:
- Create a culture of conservation and sustainability in Toronto’s built environment, making the city a desirable place in which to live, work and do business
- Provide excellence in service for program clients
- Be a trusted, up-to-date knowledge base of energy efficiency measures and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the City’s goals and commitments on climate change, green jobs, and economic growth
- Streamline energy programming and policy for Toronto buildings through collaboration with government partners at all levels and related agencies
Since 1996, BBP has been helping building owners, managers and developers achieve their energy efficiency goals. Over the years, we have added new features that make it easier for our clients to achieve these goals. New features include financial incentives and a more streamlined registration process.
In its first ten years, approximately 700 BBP assisted projects were completed representing over 50 million square feet of gross floor area with improved energy performance. We add to this success every year as approximately 200 new projects come on board through new and repeat clients.